"The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith." 1 Timothy 1.5
The Downtown church is made up of people who have a common belief about Jesus Christ. We believe God created people to have a personal relationship with himself. This relationship is damaged when people do not live up to God’s standards. Jesus can restore people’s relationship with God. The Bible, God’s own word, leads people to Jesus and helps them know and love God. We are not part of any denomination and we are not a social club. We are just a group of people saved by Jesus Christ seeking to be Christians.
- Our goal is to practice Christianity as revealed in the examples of the New Testament
(2 Timothy 3:16-17; Colossians 3:17).
- Our desire is to teach others to respect the authority of Jesus Christ to make true disciples
- Our prayer is that we will do this in a spirit of humility, so that God's name will be glorified
(1 Peter 3:15; Ephesians 3:21).
What to expect when you visit us:
- Bible teaching from the Word of God. At the Downtown church, we use the Bible as our only guide for our faith and practices. Within the Bible, we find God’s plan for how to live, how to worship, and how to love our fellow man. In fact we know that God, “has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness…” (2 Peter 1:3).
So, we simply seek to study the Bible and apply God’s wisdom to every part of our lives. We have Bible classes every Sunday and Wednesday as a group. Bible classes create a great opportunity to study and discuss God's word with each other.
- A Loving Family of Christians. Members of the Downtown church come from many walks of life, but we are all brought together by our faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior. When you walk in the doors you will be greeted by a loving and friendly group of people who want you to be here, and will treat you with the same love and compassion that Jesus Christ showed to the world.
- God-Centered Worship. Our worship is God-centered and Bible-driven, following the example of our brethren in the New Testament. When you worship with us, you will be blessed by the heartfelt singing and practical, motivating teaching from God’s Word. We believe you will enjoy worshipping with us, but more importantly, you will be brought closer to God!
As a general guideline, Bible classes are about 45 minutes long. Our Sunday worship services range between an hour to an hour and a half in length. At any service, you'll see friends wearing clothes that range from dress suits to casual pants and shirts. We only desire to dress in a modest way that allows us to demonstrate love and respect for God and others.
Come learn about God with us!
We pray you will find the resources available here to be useful to your spiritual growth. We also invite you to come and study God's Word and worship with us. You would be our honored guest!
- Sunday 9:45am - Bible Class
- Sunday 10:45am - Worship
- Wednesday 7:00pm - Bible Class