Spring Theme 2023
Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
We’re in a constant battle for our attention and affections. Many people have faith as part of their life, but is it the determining factor? As a church, we have discussed how to “Hide it in your heart” and “Run the Race with Endurance”, but these things must be sought out and prioritized. The goal of this theme is to reset our priorities by seeking what we need most: the kingdom of God and his righteousness.
With this Spring Theme we will explore 3 ways we must seek God:
- Seek God first. Following Jesus is a matter of priority. It is opposed to what we naturally put first (our needs). Priority produces focus and leads to peace with God.
- Seek the kingdom and his righteousness. We are citizens of God’s kingdom. We represent him in everything we do. We have a responsibility to seek his good and promote it with our lives.
- Seek what God offers. God takes care of his people. We think we want and need so many things. God knows what we need and so much more.
If you look at your life, what could it be said you are seeking? Join us as we engage the challenge of Jesus to seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness.
- Sermons from our Spring Theme - coming soon!
- "Seeking God" Bible Reading
- "Seeking God" Blog